Emergency Certified Teachers
If you have a bachelor’s degree and enjoy working with children, you are eligible to apply for emergency certification to work as a substitute teacher with Ignite Education Solutions.
To request an interview, please complete an employment application and include the following attachments in an email to Kellie Burgan at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Kellie at Ignite Education Solutions, 2025 Bedford Street, Johnstown, PA 15904.
- Completed Employment Application
After being interviewed, additional requirements must be met before being hired by Ignite Education Solutions and attending Substitute Teacher Training. You will be asked to submit the following documentation ONLY if you are offered a substitute teaching position with us:
- Official sealed college transcript (bachelor’s degree in any subject area from an accredited college/university in the United States is acceptable)
- PA Criminal Records check (Act 34) that is clean and less than one year old. Click here to process your background check online. ($10 processing fee required)
- PA Child Abuse Clearance History (Act 151) that is clean and less than one year old. Click here to access online application. ($10 credit card charge required)
- Completed Sexual Misconduct/Abuse Disclosure Form(Act 168)
- FBI Criminal History Record that is clean and less than one year old. Click here to register.
- Proof of TB test and physical less than one year old (Drug testing and TB testing location requirements apply for any teacher interested in subbing at Somerset Area School District. Click here for details.)
- Mandated Reporter Certificate (training completed online or as part of employee orientation)
- Completed form PDE 338 G
Questions? Please call Kellie Burgan at 814-262-0732 x244 or email her at email@example.com.